Autumn Schedule Update 2015
Strides for Life;
A fifteen week structured walking programme, co-ordinated by Fionnuala O’Shea & Collette Quinlan. An initiative to support people experiencing cancer with some fundamental objectives:-
- To combat fatigue
- Build muscle mass
- Improve energy
- Boost confidence & sense of wellbeing
- Reduce isolation by promoting peer support
- Enhance sleep pattern
- Help reduce excess body weight
- Reduce risk of cancer recurrence
- Weekly walks, commencing 24th September 2015 at 10am. Clients with interest in this programme can contact Fionnuala O’Shea or Collette Quinlan at
- The Solas Centre (051)304604. An information meeting will be held before commencement. This programme is supported by The Irish Cancer Society.
A weekly programme based on a philosophy of mindful living. This programme is an introduction to mindfulness, self compassion and includes practical techniques to reduce emotional distress and increase our energy and vitality. Facilitated by Gráinne Delaney, classes are 10a.m – 12.m. every Tuesday. Start date for this programme is 8th September 2015 for eight weeks. This programme is open to all clients and Solas colleagues. Please refer to participant list at reception.
Image Enhancement Workshops:
Designed to promote a feel good experience for women whose appearance, self-confidence has been altered by the effects of cancer treatment. Classes accommodating up to 10 ladies will be held every two months approximately, on Mondays 10-1pm. This workshop is facilitated by beautician Therese O’Leary, assisted by Gaye Heffernan. If interested in taking part, please leave your name and contact details at reception.
Yoga For Beginners
Combining breath, meditation and slow mindful movement, this programme incorporates gentle and easily adaptable postures that are simple and suitable for all. By regularly practising yoga techniques we can bring real and positive changes into our daily lives. This group is facilitated by Gráinne Delaney for five weeks
commencing Wednesday 9th September 12.30 – 1.30. If interested, please leave your name and contact details at reception.