Women’s Support Group
CATEGORYGroup Support Options
- Safe space, where women can explore personal issues and offer support to one another.
- Open to women who are receiving treatment for cancer, or who have experienced cancer.
- Supported by a facilitator/counsellor.
- Group 1: Meets first Wednesday of each month; 10am-1pm.
- Group 2: Meets first Friday of every month; 10.30am – 12.30pm.
- Participants must be clients of the Solas Cancer Support Centre and have been through an introduction process with client services co-ordinator.
- Referral to group may be through client services co-ordinator, a Solas Cancer Support Centre counsellor or a Solas Cancer Support Centre therapist.
“2002 was the year I was told about a place where I could go to meet other people going through cancer like myself. At first I refused to go, but when I finally went, I met the wonderful people running the Solas Cancer Support Centre. I never looked back and that’s now 13 years ago. The Women’s Support Group is an amazing cancer support group, we meet monthly and we are all there to support each other.” – Frances Darcy